Friday, May 29, 2009

The Move

The Monday back from Utah started our next journey...
packing to move out of the short lived small condo to a house.
Thankfully most everything was already packed and in storage,
just being way over tired from my trip, having the condo empty and clean by Wednesday was going to be a big chore. It came too quick!
Everything of course went well.
We are excited to be back to a house, have all of our own furniture, a place for the kids to really play and run, ride bikes. Even a park and a pool just down the street. Friends close by.
Just the hard part of leaving all of the Young Women and the girls I served with, starting in a new ward/Branch, giving in to reality that we have to stay in this school district.
But I know it will all be good and turn out alright.
Change is sometimes a good thing.
We had quite a few unwelcome guests in and around our home upon moving in...
This being one of them.
And of course Alyssa found it early in the morning while Justin was at work.
So I got a big 2x4 from the garage and the bug killer spray and whacked it hard and drenched it.
It's creepy.
Then there is the other outsiders we get to watch and play with...
We kept this one for a day. It's always fun to just find a turtle hanging out in your back yard. We fed it some cranberries and blackberries.
A Lined snake living by our AC unit. It's harmless besides it's foul smell it lets off.
As the kids explore and are thoroughly enjoying the outside play time, the house is very slowly coming together... If only the unpacking and organizing etc... can be done as fast as the packing.

2 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

I can't believe all the wildlife you have! I wish it was that way here, without having to scour for the deer hee hee. I am so glad you guys have found a new place with room to move around!

Kenningtons said...

OH NO!!! Spiders are the WORST! Especially black widows. When I lived in KS I was terrified of all the spiders that would hang down from the tree branches just waiting to drop onto my head. Still today I shudder at the memory! BUT the deer, turtle and the hummingbird would be nice to have around.

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.