Sunday, May 24, 2009

For Her

Flowers for all grandchildren and great grandchildren
Grandpa Foster
Pine cone thrown on Alyssa's head
(you can see it by Brandon's right pants pocket)
Never a serious picture
President Hinckley spoke at Neil A. Maxwell's funeral 3 months after his dear Marjorie past away and directed this comment to Sister Maxwell:
"As one who has recently past through this ordeal, I think I know something of what lies ahead of of you. At funerals we speak words intended to give comfort. But in reality they afford but little comfort. Only those who have passed through this dark valley know of its utter desolation. To lose one's much-loved partner with whom one has long walked through sunshine and shadow is absolutely devastating."
I can't feel Grandpa's pain. But I am sure it is something like this.
Elsie was his life, every day he lived for her.
Even though he knows he will see his sweetheart again,
I know it does not make it easy right now.

No comments:

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.