Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Called to Serve

I love this guy! I am so proud of my little brother! Today he entered the MTC (Missionary Training Center) It feels like it's been a long road to get there.  
It's official! He is now a Missionary getting ready to serve the Lord.
I love him and I know he will be great in all he does!
If you are interested in how he is doing or to read his farewell talk you can see it here.

I have done a lot of thinking the past week (from the time it actually "hit" me he was leaving this week) about different things in life. One thing was when I think back to the time when I left home to be on my "own". (I was actually living with my sis. but that's beside the point.) Mike was only 8 years old.  I was worried about leaving my younger siblings behind! I wanted to be there for them and to help guide them to make good choices and just be there through any bad times that might come. And it was just really hard for them to grow up without me. But, I knew I was not in control, and I was just their sister not a parent, and I had my own life to take care of. So, looking back I think of how I feel like I have been holding my breath this whole time, seeing all of the good and not so good choices made or different paths that could have been taken for Mike to get to where he is, and I was just able to release it all today finally and breathe a little easier. Maybe that sounds silly, but it's really just my thoughts and it makes sense to me. 
  1. I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go
  2. It may not be on the mountain’s height, Or over the stormy sea; It may not be at the battle’s front, My Lord will have need of me; But if by a still, small voice He calls, To paths that I do not know, I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine, I’ll go where You want me to go.
    • Refrain: I’ll go where You want me to go, dear Lord, O’er mountain, or plain, or sea; I’ll say what You want me to say, dear Lord, I’ll be what You want me to be.
  3. Perhaps today there are loving words Which Jesus would have me speak; There may be now in the paths of sin, Some wand’rer whom I should seek; O Savior, if Thou wilt be my guide, Though dark and rugged the way, My voice shall echo Thy message sweet, I’ll say what You want me to say.
  4. There’s surely somewhere a lowly place, In earth’s harvest fields so white, Where I may labor through life’s short day, For Jesus the Crucified; So trusting my all to Thy tender care, And knowing Thou lovest me, I’ll do Thy will with a heart sincere, I’ll be what You want me to be.

2 comments:

Keirsten said...

I did not know you had a brother. I just seem to remember you and all your sisters! That's awesome! My brother Reed is serving his mission right now in Richmond, VA. I most of all love the great example he's setting for my son.

Tres Chic Boutique said...

HAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was a GREAT one!
Heather

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.