Monday, June 9, 2008

Hayden always makes us laugh

Some may appreciate this and some might not, but we thought it was hillarious.... Justin and I were watching a movie in the living room, and we hear the boys door open. Justin gets up to check on whoever it is, (I wish I had a picture of him in what he was wearing) there standing in the doorway was Hayden. He has on these yellow fleece fireman pants (that he loves, and had to take his original pj's off to wear these to bed) and Justin asks what's wrong, because he won't look at him, Justin said his naked bum was hanging out the backside and he had just peed on the floor in the doorway! okay, normally this would not be at all funny! It is gross, but what makes it so funny is that, he is not potty trained and he had a diaper on when we put him to bed, okay, and the little naked bum hanging out. So, he obviously decided he didn't need a diaper. So after some laughing and changing the bed and scrubbing the carpet we got him back into bed. but, that wasn't it. One more thing.... a little while later he got out of bed again and came out saying he peed! I had to reasure him he had a diaper on now. This was a first for him. He gave us a good laugh. I was thinking how nice it was to be able to laugh through this. had it been one of the other kids... How would I have acted differently.... hmmmm. I have been trying really hard lately to just get past things without getting too bothered, you just can't take something back that already happened so why make it worse by being so upset, and then everyone else feels even worse. I am not always good at this, but I am trying.... Life's little lesson's.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I can totally appreciate this story!! It happens all the time!! Elijah is about half way potty trained- just not full time. But, he is preferring to go outside when he has to pee!! He arches his back, pulls down his little pants and says "FIRE!!" as he goes. He keeps us laughing, too!!

Tara said...

So funny -- Jonathan has been pretty funny as he's figured out how his body works, too. I'm impressed with your perspective on not making things worse by reacting badly -- I've been guilty of that one this week! Can I blame it on the pregnancy?? :)

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.