Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a little behind

I had been meaning to type about mothers day but I just never got around to it. I had a wonderful day. The kids and my Hubby gave me wonderful cards and I love how my oldest is able to really write now. I got to see Alyssa sing with the primary for the first time with Brandon too. I also got to give Alyssa's talk for her in primary. Poor girl thought she was supposed to say the prayer and everyone started to giggle and then she permanently hid her face in me. Then Justin grilled a yummy dinner for us. I really had a good day. I am so thankful I am able to be a mother to three beautiful and wonderful children who give me many moments to learn and grow.

I had read something from this book , The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, about God-given roles of a mother, that I would like to share. These are ten specific ways mothers may spend effective time with their children.

1st, take time to always be at the crossroads when your children are coming or going.
2nd, mothers, take time to be a real friend to your children. Listen, really listen, Talk,laugh, joke, sing, play, cry with them, hug them, and honestly praise them.
3rd, take time to read to your children, starting from the cradle read to you sons and daughters. you will plant a love for good literature and a real love for the scriptures.
4th, take time to pray with your children. Family and personal prayers.
5th, take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening.
6th, be together at mealtimes as often as possible.
7th, take time daily to read scriptures together as a family. Individual reading is important but family scripture reading is vital. I promise you the Book of Mormon will change the lives of your family.
8th, take times to do things as a family. family outings and support in activities.
9th, mothers, take time to teach your children in the home. Mother's, you are your children's best teacher.
10th, and finally, mothers, take the time to truly love your children. A mother's unqualified love approaches Christlike love.

I of course summed it all down quite a bit, but it goes on and talks a little about each thing in detail in the book. It is all good reminders that I know I have heard before but it is good to hear it or read it to remind me of what I need to be doing as a mother.




Mother's Day weekend
This past weekend we had a fun time with Becca and the girls and Mike finally came to visit! Hayden loved Isabel so much this time he couldn't stay away from her. They are sweet. It is so fun to see the cousins play together and become closer to each other every time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey, will you email me your gmail address? Thanks! Looks like a great weekend :)

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.