Thursday, August 5, 2010

Learning To Ride

So, this really should have came first before anything this Summer.
Right at the end of the school year we finally decided to put Brandon's bike to good use and teach him to actually ride it instead of just sitting in the garage collecting dust.
I feel bad that it took this long to teach him.
I always had excuses in Missouri which were pretty well validated but I could have just tried a little harder. The biggest one was all of the big hills on all of the roads.
There were not many flat places.
When we moved back to Utah, our house was on a hill.
I just said lets do it and after a few days in a flat dead end street he did it!
It also helped that his buddy the same age was learning that week to so it kind of pushed him harder. It felt good for both of us for him to learn.
Since Hayden was getting Brandon's old bike, we decided to just teach him too.
He did so good once he got it!
All I had to teach him was how to pedal and balance and he did the rest... He turned and stood up and put his foot down.
There were a few crashes, but that was to be expected because he was immediately a speed demon on his little bike.
He started telling the older boys "watch out slow poke coming through".
He's all about the speed and pop a wheelies and jumping off the curb.
It has made Summer a lot of fun with the boys being able to ride bikes together.

No comments:

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.