Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Much at One Time

I don't share a whole lot of what is really going on behind the scenes in our lives.
Recently we have been on overload with all that has been happening.
This past year has brought a lot of uncertainty into our life. We have been kind of lost as to what we should be doing exactly. We knew we were supposed to be here where we are.
But are we still?
We know we should be in school.
But the rest is still to be determined I guess. We thought we had answers when we got a call from a housing place in KC, we were on a waiting list for, called and said we were accepted and could move in Jan. The more we talked about it, as good as everything sounded and that is what we wanted, it just didn't all feel right.
Why does it have to be so hard? I just wish it weren't.
Well, we now had to make a new plan.
So, our first step, in December we decided it was time
to make some changes to try and get ahead.
So, we turned in our notice and started to prepare the house to move. We did not go far, but we did downsize. A lot. We put basically our whole house in storage.
Which is maybe the hardest part but, it is only very temporary.
My saying through all that is going on is... We need to step back so we can move forward again.
So that is what is being done.
So in the future we are trying to figure out School
for Justin and everything that goes along with that. Which is so much easier said than done.
It's amazing how over the past month or so I have felt very calm, ready to deal with anything that came my way. I took things as they came and dealt with it with ease.
At least I have felt that way. I hope I showed it outwardly the same.
It was not as hard to leave our house and neighborhood as I thought it would be.
I think the feelings I have had was a confirmation that we were on the right path and we are doing what we are supposed to be at this moment.
This is the hardest part I think now because we don't have answers to where to go from here. So I hope in a short time, it will be told.

Goodbye's

We had to say goodbye to Myka. There were a lot of things leading up to this. Part of me knew the whole time we had him we could not keep him and we had to let him go. But, it is hard to let go sometimes. It seamed like the timing was right though and he has good people to take care of him and devote all of there time to training him properly now. He has an assigned trainer with him at all times. He is working with him for a few weeks then, will find a new home for him after the month of full training. He is a Siberian Husky (blood tests just confirmed he has at least 1/32 % of wolf in him). They are hard dogs to have because they just require way more than most any other. Huskies are very smart and they just need people or other dogs "their pack" to be with.

He really was a good dog. He just has a few issues from being abused in his past which has made him sometimes agressive, and mostly when other people were around. He was not like that when we first got him. I don't know what happened. Justin felt that he was being protective of our family because we had been so nice to him, and he did not have that so much in the past. I love how this picture captures him.

Hayden loves dogs. This one was no exception. Justin and Myka..... They loved to rough house and wrestle together. Hayden's last hug goodbye Myka loved to jump onto our bed and roll around and snuggle up in our softest blanket. He also loved to lay on top of us or sit on us wherever we were. Every morning he would run straight in to us and sniff our face and snuggle right up against or on us. Has to be in the center of attention wore out. It was hard to get a picture with him actually asleep, he never wanted to miss anything.

Hayden still asks where he is. He then tells us... "Myka, new home?" He knows that much but I am sure does not really understand it all. It is sad. I know the hardest part for me (besides missing him) was just wondering if he will be okay, and picturing his sad face wondering where we are and why he is in, yet another new place. I am sure there is a lot more I could say and go on about to fill in some gaps. I do know he is being well taken care of. And he will hopefully have a wonderful new home soon.

We will miss you!

3 comments:

Liz Hastings said...

You make me cry. It is so hard to understand the animal life and instincts. Why did Stormy leave for a few days? Why does baby pee on the counter? I wonder if they understand us better then we understand them??

Hollie Hanson said...

That is so sad Lisa! I am fighting back the tears :( I'll bet watching the kids say goodbye just broke your heart. I hope you guys are able to find your way this year. We keep you in our prayers. Lov eyou and miss you!

Heidi Meadows said...

Sorry you are having a rough time. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.