Monday, January 31, 2011

Christmas Day

The more functioning hour was about 7 AM. I can't complain about that at all.
(only the earlier 3 AM awakening)
I picked out some of my favorite pictures of the kids excitement.
Hayden has been asking for comfy socks since his birthday.
It's hard to find some for little kids in boy colors at that.
So, Even though they go to his knees, he is super excited about them.
And then, there is another badge/pin to add to his collection.
I love how little kids get so excited about getting the same thing,
even though they are different, for every holiday. More Lego's and
Bakugans for Brandon.
All Alyssa really wanted was makeup and jewelery.
You can imagine her excitement when she got a big box set of play makeup.
Her other early present that Dad had to come home with...
is her Christmas kitten.
She has been begging for one for a long time.
(like we didn't already have a cat)
This is Jasmine.
After our morning of relaxing, playing with toys and eating our yummy cinnamon rolls....
My parents and Mike, Liz and Heather came over to exchange gifts.
Then, we headed over to the Finley grandparents house.
We got there just in time to get to talk to uncle Kelsey on skype.
It was good to see him and talk, it's been a long while.
Everyone opened up their presents from grandparents.
We kind of just hung out for awhile and relaxed and ate.
It's kind of a blur because it was such a long day.
It was good to see all of the family in one day.
Liz snapped a few quick pictures of us earlier that day.
These first few days were just the start of the busy days ahead.
It was fun seeing everyone and hanging out and being with family.
But, I kind of miss our own time alone as our own little family.
It does not happen very often with our very busy schedules of work, school, church and
anything else that comes along. I am hoping next year will be a bit slower and relaxing.
It's such a mixed emotion.
I am thankful for this Christmas and everyone around us and how wonderful people can be, for the small and big things
It is a wonderful time of year.
I want to be able to carry the feelings of Thanksgiving and Christmas with
me all year long.
One of my favorite presents.
This is who it's all really about.
I hope that someday my children will fully understand and appreciate that.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.