Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkins

Pumpkin Patch

It was so fun to go to a pumpkin patch with the kids.
I actually don't remember ever going before.
The only bad part was... I did not bring a wheel barrow and with the us four,
we had to take what we could carry.
Soooo... when the kids picked out small enough pumpkins to carry I didn't say anything.
They worked out good though.
They loved looking at all of the fun different shapes and colors light green,
orange and white pumpkins.
They could not wait to go through the little corn maze, like 15 times!
They could have sat and played on all of the tractors for hours, if only I would have let them.
Carving the Pumpkins...
This was the first year all three kids helped to clean out their own pumpkins.
I laughed so hard watching Hayden try to do his. He just couldn't stomach it.
His faces were hilarious!
He just kept saying EWWWW!
Alyssa was the best about it, and she's the girl!
She actually loved it and thought it was so fun.
We gave her mom and dads to do a few days later and she even completely
cleaned up after she was done!
And Here they are....
Here are the end results....
Brandon's bat, Alyssa's cute spider and Hayden's cool truck with flames on top.
( Disclaimer: I am sure these looked way more amazing a week earlier
than when I finally actually took a picture of them. Oops.)

3 comments:

Kenningtons said...

The pumpkin patch is always so fun!! Your carved pumpkins are amazing!!!!

p.s. We moved a little north to a home slightly larger than the one we previously lived in (lots of visitors and no extra room forced us out of our 3 bedroom) and we are still renting. It's kind of a long story but the short version is we move a lot with Mike's job and can't really commit at this time. :(

r.l.secor said...

Great collages they all turned out so cute the pumpkins I mean... I love your header picture. Is that the lake up in the mountain where we all went and you guys hiked while mom and I stayed with the kids on the other side?

Lisa said...

Thanks Jamie and Becca.
Becca, That is one of the small enclosed lakes by our house in Four Seasons. I took this picture Oct. conference weekend last year.

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.