Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Break Day 1

The kids, Heather and I went to Arizona for Spring break.
It was so nice to be able to get away for a week and have different scenery.
We crammed in so much in the week we were there, and at the same time there didn't seem to be quite enough time for everything.
Our first big stop in Arizona was Page/Lake Powell.
Alyssa was last in Arizona when she was 6 months old and I was pregnant with Hayden.
They had no clue what to expect. All they have ever seen are mountains, Utah desert and the lakes, forests and farmland of the Midwest. They were sure in for a treat.
Glen Canyon Dam was so exciting for them. We spent a long time there but it was worth it.
Hayden was so excited to see his name on the building.
Alyssa peered through the binoculars at everything, Brandon was just fascinated and Hayden was pretty scared to get close to the glass to look down.
I had to re post this picture because it was so tiny.
At the visitor center at the Dam the kids earned Junior Ranger badges
after they completed some activities and made an oath to help keep the wilderness clean and take care of it. It was pretty exciting for them.
The rest of the drive down was really good despite a ton of snow through Flagstaff and Sedona.
As we were coming down the mountain into the desert valley the kids saw cactus for the first time.
Alyssa said the Saguaro look like cucumbers with arms and pokies.
A little bit later it was quiet in the car and Hayden gasps really loud and exclaims, "Jungle Trees!!"
It took me a second and realized he had never seen real palm trees before.
It was a completely different world down there for them.
As we arrived at Liz's (only 12 hours after leaving the house)
It was pretty chilly out. I felt like we brought Utah with us.
Thankfully, the next day warmed up nicely and it was a beautiful Sunday.
After church we went to the Temple grounds to walk around.
It was a perfect Spring day.
They sure love their Aunt Liz.
It appears the Heather is MIA. I don't know how she escaped my pictures. I remember taking some of her, but it was with her camera. Don't worry, there is lots more to come....

No comments:

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.