Friday, October 23, 2009

The Swing

One of my favorite books growing up was,
Robert Louis Stevenson's',
A Child's Garden of Verses
One little story was called The Swing.
I loved this one and would always pretend it was me in the story.
The words keep coming to mind because my kids are obsessed
with swinging lately.
That is the only reason they really want to go to the park is to swing.
Alyssa just learned to swing by herself so it makes it a little more fun for her.
I love to see how happy it makes them.
They could go forever.....
The Swing
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown-
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
~Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

My little one is also obsessed with the swing. So much so that she prays Dada will come home and take her on the slide and swing!!

Such good news that you are moving back to UT (or is it??)! We really will have to get together. I would love to meet you and I know Mike would love to catch up. Where abouts will you be moving?

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.