Monday, February 15, 2010

Give Your Love

Don't these look yummy?
Well, they were!
But, I take no credit because I did not make them.
Last week for Relief Society night we did a service exchange.
We wrote down a service we would like to do for someone else on a cute sparkly heart.
Some of the things people wrote included,
help to organize something, 3 hours of babysitting,
do your ironing, decorate your wall with vinyl lettering
& there were lots of different specified treats.
Some fun stuff!
We played this like a white elephant gift exchange.
The hearts were on the table and we took turns picking them and could steal someone else's. In the end I got the... Valentines dessert for 2, chocolate raspberry cake with raspberry sauce in a chocolate rose petal.
The girl who made them delivered them to our house.
How fun is that?
It was fun to see what everyone could give
someone else all through their own talents.
What greater way to show Love than to give service to those around us?
I think it helps me open my eyes to what inner talents
I may have but I don't realize it.
I can use these talents to better myself
and to help to give service to those around me.
I know as a mother, I don't always realize
that I am constantly serving everyday.
I am in service to my husband and children,
& through this our love grows even more.
Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those look so pretty.

We did a service gift exchange for Christmas and it was lots of fun. I got two hours of house cleaning from a woman who is a maid. Awesome.

Lisa said...

Two hours? That's a lot of cleaning! Lucky you Amy. I was talking about the cleaning with my friend. We both like things done a certain way so it would be so hard to let someone else come do it for us. haha. We have to be accepting sometimes too though huh?

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.