Thursday, April 16, 2009

Families are Forever

3 Years ago with With Grandma and Grandpa Foster
Alyssa slept a long time on Grandmas lap and they both loved that.
Elsie Jewell Foster
I have procrastinated this post. I don't really know why. Maybe it was just hard.
I heard best from others of you who said... "She brought us together"
It is so hard to see her gone and even harder to know the emptiness and loneliness Grandpa is feeling now. I am so thankful to know that we will see her again and I know we will be
together forever someday. I know Grandpa was so thankful to have all of his family there to support him and show our love and to just be together.
As we were leaving he told me... "Thank you for being here. It meant so much, I just wish she could have been here with everyone too."
I don't remember what other things he said right now. But I know it was comforting for him and everyone to have all of us there. I am so glad that somehow we were all able to be together.
I am so glad my childeren and I had so many opportunities to really get to know Grandma and Grandpa Foster.
I feel like they are my own. I know it means a lot to Justin for his children to know them also.
Cherish and Alyssa Finley Family with Grandpa (minus Kelsey)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi, Justin!
This is your long-lost friend Jill R. from Atlanta. Aaron hooked me up with your blog - blame him if you don't want me on here. lol.

I just wanted to comment on this family photo. You are all . . . grown up. Everyone looks so great - different but the same.

I think I last saw Kesia when she was 8 or 9. I don't know who the tall blonde is in the photo - it can't be her. (grin)

Anyway, I am glad to see everyone is doing well. It is good to see your whole family (minus Kelsey) again. Thanks for posting the photo!
j

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.