Friday, December 12, 2008

Glasses and The Tooth fairy

Brandon has had some big changes over the last few weeks.
He has to start wearing glasses.
He has been so excited about it. We can not keep them off! He is only supposed to wear them to read. Well, that's not happening. He wants to wear them all of the time! At least he doesn't hate them. Any advice in helping him to only wear them when he is supposed to? I can't do anything when he is at school.
Next, he lost another tooth. 
This was not just another tooth falling out. It was was a very sad moment for him.
I admit I was a little sad too. 
Here's the story....
I kept urging him to let me pull it or that he needs to do it or he may lose it somewhere.
Well, one night we were eating ice-cream cones. He did not have just one cone but two. 
He went into the bathroom when he was done and began to cry, "Where is it? Where is it?" He walked out with this hole in the front and the tooth was gone. Swallowed without realizing it.
His mouth was so cold and numb from the ice-cream he didn't know it.
The funny part was to come...
He told us to get it out. We explained we couldn't. Then he cried because the tooth-fairy couldn't come and get it. He told us that she would have to go into his tummy to get it. But where would she put the money? The next day he came running out of the bathroom, after doing his thing and told me I had to go see if his tooth was in the toilet! Agh! yuck! No way! I had to convince him it was gone and to let it go. Poor kid! So I hope it was a lesson learned about listening to your parents. Maybe next time he won't wait to pull it.
A good thing is, he can whistle now that he has that hole in front and is so excited about that!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

How cute!!

r.l.secor said...

Oh Dear! I'm glad you posted this Lisa it is a story to remember! Brandon, you sure look grown up with those glasses on. we've been thinking of talking to the tooth fairy for you - has she worked out a deal with you with the the tooth in your tummy and all?

Liz Hastings said...

He looks so great with hair!

Let him know and this is true, that the more you wear glasses the worse your eyes get and then he wont be able to see without them when he goes swimming, to the beach or even tv. It is a huge pain and contacts are a huge pain. You can tell him about the surgery Mike just had to see better. But if he doesnt wear them while he reads then they will get worse too.

I couldnt wear mine much when I first got mine and I ended up loosing them a lot. So in one way it is good he always knows where they are and wont get scratched as easily.

Erica said...

Brandon is growing up so fast! I hope you are all doing better! Happy New Year!

What we believe

About Me

My photo
Utah
I am a SAHM with my three wonderful children. It's really a lot harder than I ever imagined but, I love being with them, learning, and growing from and with them.